NOW THEREFORE in consideration of the foregoing and the mutual agreements set forth below, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the Parties agree as follows:
The Buyer desires to acquire Leads (as defined below) from the Company for purposes of expanding the Buyer’s network and in order to market the Buyer’s goods, services, non-financial products, financial products or financing assistance. The Company will introduce Leads to the Buyer for the purpose of the Leads resulting in the purchase of general goods and services, non-financial or financial services or financing from or through the Buyer.
In this Agreement the following capitalized terms shall have the meanings ascribed below:
- “API” means the application programming interface enabling Leads to be transmitted to, and viewed by, Buyer.
- “Applicant” means any applicant that: (i) completes the borrower flow on the online platform operated by the Company or one of the Company’s subsidiary, partner, or affiliate sites and submits that information set to the Company; and (ii) which the Company subsequently sends to Buyer, or as otherwise instructed by Buyer;
- “Business” means the sale of Leads including, but not limited to the sale of financial or non-financial related Leads to buyers;
- “Buyer” means the buyer of the Leads;
- “Company Verticals” means the financial or non-financial services provided, brokered or arranged by the Company to Applicants within various categories in connection with its Business, including but not limited to: consumer loans, personal loans, installment loans, debt consolidation loans, cash advances, loans to acquire or finance a vehicle or mortgages, roofing, windows, solar , security systems and as may be expanded from time to time based on the Company’s Business;
- “Confidential Information” means information that is, or would reasonably be expected to be, treated as confidential and proprietary by the Company or the Buyer, as applicable, including, without limitation:
- an Applicant’s or other individual’s personal information, information pertaining to third parties, affiliates, partnerships and individuals involved, directly or indirectly, in the parties’ business and the pricing under this Agreement; or
- the existence of any relationship between the parties or the terms or existence of this Agreement;
in each case whether spoken, written, printed, electronic or in any other form or medium and regardless of whether delivered or accessed by the Buyer prior to, or following, the Effective Date or the date of this Agreement;
- “Effective Date” this date will be effective as of the date of signing as below signature fields;
- “Excess Leads” has the meaning ascribed thereto in Section 3(c);
- “Lead” means any Applicant, that completes the borrower flow or other questionnaire on the online platform operated by the Company or one of the Company’s subsidiaries, partner, or affiliate sites and submits that information set to the Company and which the Company has subsequently sent to the Buyer, in the name or names instructed by the Buyer;
- “Lead Information” has the meaning ascribed thereto in Section 10;
- “Lead Number Order” has the meaning ascribed thereto in Section 3(a);
- “Lead Order” has the meaning ascribed thereto in Section 3(a); and
- “Privacy and Data Protection Requirements” means all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations relating to the collection, retention, use, processing, disclosure, or protection of personal information, and all cyber incident, information security and data breach notification and record-keeping requirements including, where applicable, the guidance and codes of practice issued by regulatory bodies in any relevant jurisdiction.
- At some point before the first day of each month, the Buyer shall provide verbal notice or notice in writing, including but not limited via telephone, email, text message or Skype, to the Company with respect to the number of Leads the Buyer desires to be sent from the Company (such notice being a “Lead Order“). Each Lead Order shall provide the category of Leads and the number of Leads that the Buyer desires to receive, if any (a “Lead Number Order“), including the geographic region(s) in which the Applicant(s) reside for which the Buyer desires to obtain Leads. If the Buyer does not provide a Lead Order each month, the Company shall continue to provide, and Buyer shall continue to pay for, Leads, in the quantity and categories set forth in the Buyer’s most recent Lead Order. Where the Buyer seeks to increase the Lead Number Order during the current month, the Buyer may do so by providing an additional Lead Order to the Company.
- The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the number of Leads reflected in a Lead Order represents only the maximum number of Leads for which the Buyer is willing to pay. Buyer further acknowledges, that the Company may be unable to accommodate such number of Leads and that the Company shall be obligated only to use its reasonable commercial efforts to provide such number of Leads. Any failure of the Company to provide the number of Leads specified in a Lead Order shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement. Any payments previously made by the Buyer for the number of Leads reflected in a Lead Order, but not delivered by the Company, shall constitute a pre-payment for such Leads which are to be delivered by the Company in the future.
- Except as provided in the IO, in the event that the Company has, due to inadvertence or for any other reason, provided the Buyer with a number of Leads which is in excess of the Lead Order, or with Leads relating to consumers who reside outside of the geographic region in which the Buyer has requested Leads (collectively “Excess Leads“), the Buyer shall have five (5) calendar days from the date of receipt of such Excess Leads to notify the Company of such Excess Leads, object to such Excess Leads and to return such Excess Leads to the Company. In the event that the Buyer fails to notify the Company and fails to object to such Excess Leads within such five (5) calendar day period the Buyer shall be deemed to have requested and accepted such Leads and shall be obligated to promptly pay the Company for each such Excess Leads at the same price agreed for Leads hereunder.
This Agreement is non-exclusive and does not in any way limit either parties’ ability or rights to contract with any other persons for the provision, sale or receipt of Leads or services similar or identical to the services described in this Agreement, subject to the limitations outlined in Section 10 of this Agreement.
For each Lead sent from the Company to the Buyer, the Buyer shall compensate the Company at the rate indicated in the signed IO.
Payment terms are outlined in the IO. If no payment terms are outlined in the IO then the payment terms are set as a pre-payment. The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the amount and total cost of the submitted Lead Order shall be definitive, shall not be the subject to set off or dispute by the Buyer. The Buyer shall be obligated to pay for all Leads delivered by the Company pursuant to a Lead Order and the Buyer acknowledges that they shall not attempt to “charge back” or cancel any such orders.
For greater certainty, the buyer acknowledges that the Company is not responsible for making, and shall not make, any “charge back” payments arising from a credit card payment that is made by the Buyer to the Company which is disputed, or otherwise claimed to be invalid due to any circumstances. Overdue Invoices will accrue at a rate of 18% per annum compounded. Buyer agrees that in the event of breach of any of the terms of this agreement by buyer, LAF will have the right to pursue the buyer in a personal capacity in addition to its corporate capacity including any affiliated entities or subsidiaries, for recovery or damages caused by any breach of the enclosed terms, including but not limited to non-payment of invoices, fraud, gross negligence, or willful misconduct on the part of the buyer.
Information Captured by the Company
Applicant information that will be provided in a Lead to the Buyer will differ depending on the category of Lead being purchased by the Buyer and the Company Vertical that the Lead is being used for. The Buyer acknowledges that not all Leads will contain a full data set and the information provided in respect of any particular Applicant is not assured for a number of reasons (for example, if the Applicant originated through a mobile application with the Company, such application may contain a shorter data set and Buyer will be provided with more limited Applicant information).
Use of Leads by the Buyer
The Buyer shall ensure its use of Leads and its term and conditions are in compliance with applicable privacy laws including the requirements of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (or any similar applicable legislation). The Company shall be entitled to review the Buyer’s terms and conditions and privacy policies to ensure the Buyer’s terms and conditions and privacy policies meet this requirement and all Privacy and Data Protection Requirements. The Buyer shall take all steps reasonably necessary to aid with the Company’s review of the Buyer’s terms and conditions and shall make all such changes or amendments as are reasonably requested to such terms, conditions, and privacy policies as the Company may request.
Additionally, the Buyer shall ensure that it complies with all of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation when contacting Applicants as a result of Leads provided in connection with this Agreement. Where an Applicant has “Opted-Out” of receiving communications from the Buyer, the Buyer shall provide this Applicant’s name and contact information to the Company to ensure that this Applicant can be added to the appropriate do not call list, suppression list or unsubscribe lists, as applicable.
Where an Applicant contacts the Company with respect to “Opting Out” of communications sent by the Buyer, the Company will provide the Buyer with this Applicant’s name and contact information and the Buyer will cease communications with this Applicant in connection with this Agreement.
If the Buyer continues to contact an Applicant who has “Opted-Out” of receiving further communications, in connection with this Agreement, this may result in the immediate termination of this Agreement, without prior notice at the election of the Company.
The Buyer agrees to comply with all applicable Provincial and Federal privacy and communications regulations regarding do not call lists, suppressions lists and unsubscribe lists. The Buyer shall not, or shall not attempt to, resell any Leads provided by the Company. The Buyer explicitly agrees to indemnify the Company for any such failure by the Buyer under this Section 8, in accordance with Section 16 of this agreement.
Buyer Access to Leads
The Company agrees to provide the Buyer with direct access to Leads for the purpose verifying information and obtaining necessary documentation to underwrite and fund the Applicant’s purchase of goods or services or borrowing of funds from the Buyer or any other such financial and non-financial goods, products and services the Buyer may offer.
Ownership of Data
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Company hereby grants to the Buyer a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, personal license to use any personal information of each Applicant provided to the Buyer in a Lead under this Agreement (“Lead Information“) for the sole purpose of: (i) attempting to fund each such Lead’s requested loan; (ii) finance, lease or sell goods or services to said Lead and/or (iii) providing any other such financial or non-financial goods, products and services the Buyer may offer and as may be approved by the Company.
In addition to its other obligations hereunder, the Buyer shall:
- use such the Lead Information only for those purposes authorized above in this Section 10;
- promptly advise the Company of any request by a Lead to access, correct or otherwise challenge the accuracy of said Lead’s Lead Information, or any other communication received by the Buyer in respect of such Lead Information (including, without limitation, any withdrawal or variation of consent by a Lead) and to work, in a timely manner, with the Company to respond to such requests (which response shall first be approved by the Company), including without limitation, by providing access to, correcting and ceasing to use or disclose such Lead Information as requested by such Lead;
- use all reasonable efforts to protect and safeguard such Lead Information, including, without limitation, to protect such Lead Information from loss or theft, or unauthorized access disclosure, copying, use, modification, disposal or destruction;
- only use, disclose, process, store or enable access to such Lead Information in Canada, USA, the United Kingdom, Australia or such other jurisdictions as the Company may approve in writing from time to time; and
- return, delete or render irretrievable any such Lead Information in its custody or control at the request and direction of the Company at any time and, in any event, at the expiry or termination of this Agreement.
The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that:
- the Company retains the exclusive ownership of all Lead Information and all intellectual property rights therein;
- such Lead Information is the confidential information of the Company;
- the Buyer may not sell, license, provide or otherwise disclose any Lead Information to any third party (including any affiliate of the Buyer), without the prior written consent of the Company;
- the Buyer shall comply with all applicable law, and the Company’s reasonable instructions, with respect to any Lead Information disclosed to the Buyer in connection with this Agreement;
- for clarity, and without limiting the foregoing, the Buyer shall comply will all applicable local, state and federal banking, marketing, licensing, lending, servicing and collection laws, rules and regulations at all times; and
- in the event of any unauthorized, unlawful, and/or unintended processing, access, use, disclosure, exposure, copying alteration, loss, disposal or destruction of Lead Information, the Buyer shall promptly notify the Company and cooperate with the Company’s reasonable requests to investigate and remediate such incident and provide appropriate response and redress.
The Buyer agrees that: (i) the Company has the right to market additional goods or services to a Lead, and to contact Leads with respect to ongoing remarketing campaigns; (ii) each Lead is free to contact other vendors or service providers; and (iii) the Company will not be responsible if an Applicant contacts or enters into an arrangement with another vendor or service provider.
If the Buyer rejects a Lead for any reason within seventy-two (72) hours of the date of the delivery of the Lead to the Buyer:
- the license granted by the Company to Buyer in respect of said Applicant’s Lead Information shall automatically be terminated; and
- the Company retains the right to aid such Applicant in obtaining any goods, services, financial or non-financial products or financing assistance offered by Buyer from other sources and remarket any such Lead towards any other prospective provider of goods, services, financial or non-financial products or financing assistance.
The Buyer acknowledges and confirms that the Company is an independent entity and not an agent, partner or employee of the Buyer. No joint venture, employment, agency, partnership or exclusive relationship exists between the parties as a result of this Agreement or use of the Lead Information. Buyer shall not commit any act which would reflect unfavorably upon the Company, or make false or misleading representations or guarantees concerning the Company.
The Buyer agrees to term of this Agreement as described in the IO.
- This Agreement can be terminated at any time, by providing five (5) business days written notice (including via email) from either party, provided that no such termination shall: i) effect the terms of Sections 5 or 6, which provisions shall survive any such termination: or ii) relieve Buyer from paying any outstanding balances hereunder.
- In the event of termination, the Buyer agrees to complete that given months Lead Order, and must pay any outstanding balances owed to the Company for Leads obtained prior to the date of termination. In the event of any breach of the terms of this Agreement by the either party the other party shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement immediately and, subject to the terms of this Agreement, shall be entitled to any other remedies available to it hereunder or under applicable law.
- In the event of any termination of this Agreement, Sections 15 and 16 shall survive such termination and shall continue in full force and effect, for a period of 24 months following such termination date.
Buyer Representations and Warranties
Buyer represents, warrants and confirms that:
- it is duly registered and/or has all required licenses or permits required to conduct its business and perform all duties under this Agreement in compliance with all laws, regulations and rules applicable to it and will perform such duties in accordance with the standards described herein.
- it is a valid and subsisting corporation under the laws of the jurisdiction of its incorporation with full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to carry out its obligations hereunder.
- this Agreement constitutes a legal, valid, binding and enforceable obligation of Buyer subject to: (i) bankruptcy, insolvency, re-organization, arrangement, winding-up, moratorium or other similar laws of general application relating to or affecting the enforcement of creditors’ rights generally; and (ii) general principles of equity, including the fact that equitable remedies, such as specific performance and injunctions, may only be awarded at the discretion of the court.
- the execution and delivery of this Agreement, the performance of its obligations hereunder and the completion of the transactions contemplated herein will not result in violation of any law, regulation or rule by Buyer and Buyer has read this Agreement and understands the contents hereof and has not relied upon any advice from the Company.
- it will not make any representations or warranties, or provide any information about the Company or its products, services or affairs, as applicable, to any person or entity other than what is explicitly conveyed and agreed to by the Company.
- there are no suits, actions or proceedings against or affecting Buyer, or any of its directors, officers, agents or employees, before any court, governmental body (including any regulatory authority) or arbitrator (nor to Buyer’s knowledge, any such actions pending or threatened in writing) which are likely to materially adversely affect Buyer’s ability to perform its obligations hereunder and Buyer is not in default with respect to any order of any court, governmental body (including any regulatory authority) or arbitrator which materially adversely affects Buyer’s ability to perform its obligations hereunder.
- Buyer shall accept all Leads delivered by the Company on an “as is, where is” basis and shall not be entitled to dispute the quality or convertibility of such Leads or to claim any set off or refund from the Company on the basis of such quality or convertibility.
- It shall at all times communicate with the Company and its officers, employees and consultants in a professional and civil manner and shall refrain from harassment, discrimination and the use of hostile, obscene or abusive behavior and language when dealing or communicating with the Company’s officers, employees and consultants.
The representations and warranties set out above are true and correct as of the date of this Agreement and will remain so throughout the term of this Agreement. Buyer will advise the Company immediately if the foregoing changes.
Confidential Information, Non-Solicitation and Non-Disparagement
- Each party acknowledges that it may directly or indirectly disclose Confidential Information to the other party in the course of negotiation of and performance of this Agreement. All such Confidential Information disclosed hereunder shall remain the sole property of the disclosing party (or other third party), as applicable, and the recipient of such information (the “Recipient“) shall have no interest in, or rights with respect thereto, except as set forth herein. Each party agrees to treat such Confidential Information as strictly confidential and with the same degree of care and security as it treats its most confidential information, but in all cases not less than a reasonable degree of care.
- The Recipient shall not, without the prior written authorization of the other party, either during the term of this Agreement or at any time after the termination of this Agreement:
- use any Confidential Information for the benefit or purposes of the Recipient or any other person, company or organization whatsoever other than as otherwise permitted or expressly contemplated by this Agreement; or
- disclose any Confidential Information to any person, company or other organization whatsoever, other than to the Recipient’s personnel who have a need to know such Confidential Information, and provided that Recipient shall require each of such personnel to execute written agreements, in a form satisfactory to the other party, securing for the other party, the rights provided for in this Section 15 prior to and as a condition of such personnel providing or performing any services for the Recipient in relation to the Leads, and shall provide a copy of such agreement to the other party upon request of the disclosing party and both the Recipient and its employees, agents and personnel will be fully liable and responsible for any breach of such written agreement by such persons.
- During the term of this Agreement and for a period of twelve (12) months following the expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason, Buyer shall not:
- solicit or entice, or attempt to solicit or entice, either directly or indirectly, any customer of the Company or any of the Company’s affiliates, to become a customer of any business or enterprise that competes with the Company for any Business, or to cease or limit doing any Business with the Company or any of the Company’s affiliates; or
- solicit or entice, or attempt to solicit or entice, either directly or indirectly, any partner, contractor, publisher or media buyer of the Company or any of the Company’s affiliates, to become a partner or part of of any business or enterprise that competes with the Company for any Business, or to cease or limit doing any Business with the Company or any of the Company’s affiliates; or
- solicit or entice, or attempt to solicit or entice, either directly or indirectly, any employee or independent contractor of the Company or any of the Company’s affiliates, to become employed or retained by any business or enterprise that competes with the Company for any Business, or to cease or limit their employment or retainer with the Company or any of the Company’s affiliates.
- Unless otherwise required by applicable law, Buyer shall not, on its own behalf or on behalf of or in connection with any other person, in any capacity whatsoever, make or publish written or oral statements or remarks (including the repetition or distribution of derogatory rumors, allegations, negative reports or comments) which are intended to or could be reasonably expected to have the effect of disparaging, impugning or damaging the integrity, reputation or goodwill of the Company or its affiliates or any of the Company’s or its affiliates’ directors, managers, officers, employees or equity holders.
- The obligations set out in this Section 15 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
Indemnification and Limitation of the Company’s Liability
- Buyer shall indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, employees, officers and directors from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, judgments, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and any fees or costs incurred by the Company in the enforcement of this Agreement or arising directly or indirectly from breach of this Agreement, negligent acts or omissions, or willful misconduct of Buyer including its personnel and affiliates;
- Notwithstanding anything else herein above, under no circumstances shall the Company bear any liability or obligation to indemnify or pay the Buyer for loss of profits or any other indirect or consequential damages.
- The Buyer shall, at its own expense, maintain reasonable and appropriate insurance in respect of its business operations with reputable insurance companies authorized to do business in Canada to support its release, defense, indemnity and other obligations hereunder. To the extent of the risks and liabilities expressly assumed under this Agreement, the Buyer shall upon the request of the Company cause its insurers: (a) to waive all rights of subrogation against the Company and its affiliates, and their respective underwriters and insurers; (b) to name the Company and its affiliates as an additional insured; and (c) to furnish to the Company, at such times as the Company may request, a certificate of insurance evidencing the insurance obtained. To the extent of the risks and liabilities expressly assumed under this Agreement, the Buyer’s insurance provided under this Agreement shall be primary and non-contributory. All premiums, deductibles and self-insured amounts shall be at the sole cost and expense of the Buyer.
- The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the Company and its affiliates maintain accounts receivable insurance. As and when requested by the Company or the Company’s insurer, the Buyer shall provide the Company’s insurer with such reasonable financial and other information as may be required in order to assist the Company in establishing or maintaining such accounts receivable insurance or to establish an appropriate risk rating with respect to any accounts receivable owing to the Company or its affiliates by the Buyer.
This Agreement and the rights and obligations of the parties under this Agreement shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta, Canada and the Federal Laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
Notices relating to this Agreement shall be delivered via email (with return receipt) to the primary contact designated in the IO or by certified or registered mail, or insured courier, return receipt requested, to the appropriate party at the address set forth in the IO. Either party may change its contact information and address for receipt of notice by providing written notice to the other party in accordance with this provision. Notice will be deemed delivered as of the date of actual receipt or two (2) business days following the date of mailing or one business day following delivery to a courier.
This Agreement, together with any applicable IO, contains the entire agreement between the Parties. No modification of this Agreement shall be effective unless in writing and executed by a duly authorized officer of each Party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if these Terms are amended, any IO executed subsequent to the date of such amendment shall incorporate by reference the then-current Terms.
No waiver of any obligation or any breach of any provision of this Agreement will be effective or binding unless made in writing and signed by the party purporting to give the same and, unless otherwise provided, will be limited to the specific obligation or breach waived. The waiver by either party of any breach of any provision of this Agreement does not waive any other breach. The failure of any party to insist on strict performance of any covenant or obligation in accordance with this Agreement will not be a waiver of such party’s right to demand strict compliance in the future, nor will the same be construed as a novation of this Agreement.
If any part of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remaining portions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- Assignment by the Company. The Company may assign its rights or obligations hereunder at its full discretion without the prior written consent of the other Buyer.
- Assignment by Buyer. Buyer shall not assign any right or any obligation under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Company, and any such attempted assignment shall be null and void, provided, however, that an assignment made in connection with a change of control transaction or a sale of all or substantially all of the Buyer’s assets shall not require the consent of the other party. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
Execution of Agreement
This Agreement and the terms herein will be deemed to be accepted by the buyer upon signing of the IO and may be executed in any number of counterparts, and by portable document format or other electronic means, each of which will be deemed to be an original and all of which taken together will be deemed to constitute one and the same instrument. Delivery of an executed signature page to the IO Agreement by any party by electronic transmission will be as effective as delivery of a manually executed copy of this Agreement and agreement to these terms by such party.